FFFUUUUU!!! Dwight!!! *shakes fist in the air*
A funny little treasure I found on tumblr, which links back to this blog on WordPress. Ditto on Plath, Orwell, Huxley, Gaiman and Wilde. (at least for me, lol!)
Kids who don’t fit in (duh).
People who type like this: OMG. Mah fAvvv <3 <3.
Umphrey’s McGee fans.
Is it possible to fall in love inside a mental ward? For M.
I had the faintest idea of what he was – manic depressive, or bipolar if you ever so considered semantics.
But there was a mystery about him that was just so entrancing. So tempting. He wasn’t like anyone I had the notion of affection with.
The first day we met was just like any other first days of meeting – awkward and sheepish, especially set in a mental institute (I mean, honestly!)
There are three things that I spend most of my money on: Food, Books, and Make up.
I finally threw out all the old make up that’s been piling in my vanity case for half a year now. At first, I felt bad for throwing away barely used make up… but I guess there was a reason why I barely used them!
Here are the current contents of my make up bag (all of which I use. -Not at the same time, and not on a daily basis. Putting on make up on a daily basis makes pores clog like crazy)
1: MAC Mineralize SPF 15 Loose Powder in Light Medium
2: NARS Lipstick in Belle De Jour
3: MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Petting Pink
4: Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in Ivory
5: MAC Studio Fix Liquid Foundation
6: Benefit Posie Tint
7: Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler
8: Too Faced Natural Eye Collection
9: Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach
10: Benefit Erase Paste in Fair
11: Shu Uemura Precise Volume Mascara Waterproof
12: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
13: NARS Lip gloss in Orgasm
14: NARS Lip gloss in Chihuahua
15: Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Powder Pink
16: NARS Eyeshadow in Bengali
17: NARS Blush Duo in Orgasm/Albatross
18: Bobbi Brown Face Touch Up Stick in Warm Ivory
*bolded are the products I use on an almost-everyday basis – they’re amazing! Everyone should get their own!!!
Obviously, I don’t like to experiment much with bold colors.
With make up, I think everyone should follow the rule “you get what you pay for”. I bought the NYX lipstick for around $4.00 in ULTA (it’s like a low end Sephora in the US) and boy, its quality really is just worth $4.00. Even L’Oreal lipsticks suck, but considering the low price (around Php. 600.00 / $13.00) I guess that’s to be expected. And NARS’s Lipstick in Belle de Jour? Best “fleshy nude” lipstick by far. and MAC’s Hug Me is the best “barely there” lipstick EVER.
Hmm.. I’m kinda sad WordPress can’t upload hi-res versions of the photos. I really liked how they turned out when I took them. Oh well. Maybe I’ll make a tumblr strictly for photographs, just for fun and lols. It’s a nice hobby to keep busy with.
P.S. This was a fun blog post to write. For once, it didn’t leave me depressed / contemplative / sappy. which is good.
( Brilliant Idea from Last Suppers : James Reynolds)
I am an inmate on death row, and there are three hours left before the guillotine separates my head from the rest of my body forever. (At least they’re nice enough to give me a last meal.)
For those of you unfamiliar with the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, here’s how Alan Moore put it in succinct terms: “the concept behind the series was initially a “Justice League of Victorian England” but quickly grew into an opportunity to merge all works of fiction into one world.”
(You can read the Wikipedia page for more info, like the history of the publication, members of the league, etc.)
If I were to make a graphic novel and assemble my own League, these are who I would include:
Continue Reading →
I’ve changed so much, yet changed so little. It’s amusing!
yes i do find sheldon cooper attractive but not in the aesthetic sense. hello i would take an antithesis to Adonis who had an IQ of 187 over a brad pitt clone with a head as empty as a cave any day! hahahaha -07/03/09
ah well. Senior year’s been a breeze (academically) compared to the nightmare that was junior year. I’m getting through 4th year effortlessly with flying colors. i wish it could be like this for-e-ver. except for the narrow mindedness of high school religion classes. duh, i’d give anything to stop hearing “God is love. love is God.” alright, i get it!!! – 07/17/09
Hmm.. I have to admit, I’m not very compassionate about other people. haha, in terms of altruism, charity.. those kinds of hoohas, I don’t have the heart for those kinds of things. But there’s just something about animals that makes me wanna go out there and rally!!! -07/12/09
Life is so screwed up!!!… in it’s own fabulous way which is why i have a bowl of pumpkin soup waiting for me downstairs – full of calories (that’s life there being screwed up) but SUPER YUMMY! (and there it is being fabulous!) -05/27/09
actually, the reason why I really really really don’t like high school is because they limit us so much from doing what we want. I mean, get this, our friggin conservative, close-minded, bible-patronizing CLE teacher last junior year gives deductions if you don’t agree with the standpoint of the church. -05/12/09
Anyway, I’ve never been one to be the type who gives in easily to romantic relationships. Not the type who says “I love you” after one sweet gesture or two. I don’t really understand why people throw around the line “I love you” so much. They say it after meeting someone new and taking a couple of pictures with them (which applies to both romantic and platonic same sex relationships, in this case). I don’t get it! - because to me, it would be like another form of deception? Saying things that you don’t actually mean… or it could also be the fact that some people misconceive love as something so shallow. Of course, interest and like are completely different things and I’m not saying I’m cold as ice that I don’t have my fair share of prince charming dreams, because I do. I still AM a girl, if you’re forgetting, but.. ah, I guess I just don’t roll with the conventional. haha -03/06/09
I woke up feeling so bad (dunno why). THEN for some reason my teeth started hurting so I couldn’t chew the eggplant I was eating for breakfast. (haha sorry I love eggplant, I eat it in the morning, in the afternoon, at night.. basta, EGGPLANT. ) -03/05/09
. I’m not usually very cheesy or expressive (in terms of my romantic feelings, but raise a topic about Ayn Rand and I’m there) but there’s just some things I need to be clear on, and some I need to vent out. (thank you blog! thank you blog!!) -08/23/08
Severely, painstakingly, supremely, überly, very, extremely, exaggeratingly, gravely, exceptionally, and awfully happy. – 08/20/08
Last night was the first time I felt the actual stress of being .. stressed. The type where you just pause. then look down (on the floor or on your feet, whichever floats your boat) then cry. Like, not just the sniff sniff type of cry,.. I’m talking about the tearing your hair off and shouting every curse word hovering about the tip of your tongue type of cry. Ya i know, very Wicked Witch of the West-like, but doesn’t everyone have those days? -06/27/08
Sorry for all the Poindexter talk, I just can’t write about anything except my nerd-provoked interests at the moment. - 06/02/08
The Number 23 is a poor excuse of a psychological thriller, kinda like how other people try to act so smart but end up completely looking like the opposite. -02/02/08
i doodle a lot in class when I’m thinking of a lot of stuff, (stuff which include everything like clouds, orange juice and shu uemura. oh, those stuff include people too, like barack obama, the priest who lives next door, and you) -02/04/08
An excerpt I found from Revolution Health
“Mira Kirshenbaum explains that a healthy relationship must have the following characteristics:
- physical chemistry or affection
- real intimacy, or an “at-homeness” with the other person
- fun, which she describes as “the glue of intimacy”
- safety, trust and security with the other person
- mutual respect”
So in lieu of those 5 characteristics, I patterned my own checklist after that one. Heehee.
- He must love dogs. (Kinda like the movie with John Cusack.)
- He must welcome the idea of me not having a religion. (Hard to find especially in this whacked out, hypocritical country of rosary-praying criminals)
- He should be tall. Please.
- He must not be repulsed by the idea of me playing video games. (Cause I really really enjoy playing video games.)
- He must be at least 3 years older than me. AT LEAST.
- He must be drop dead gorgeous. (Hey we’re talking IDEALS here, remember?!)
- He must not be the pretentious “DUUUDE I’M SO F**KING DRUNK! LET’S PARTY MORE!” type of guy.
- He must enjoy Batman.
- He must know that I enjoy a lot of radical thinkers and at times, I may act like one too. An excessive one at that.
- He must understand that I have my own list of biases and prejudices that pop out intentionally or unintentionally.
- He must respect the geeks. The geeks will rule the world.
- He must enjoy conversations, both light hearted and in depth, with me.
- He must be a believer of chivalry and general gentlemanliness.
- He must write love letters. D’awww.
- He must not be ridiculously thin nor fat. Please have a Goldilocks-friendly body!
- He must dress appropriately.
- He must prefer going on lunch dates over dinner dates.
- He must have an IQ of at least 150. (Ideal, remember?!)
- He must have principles, above all else.
- He must be neat and clean, but not to the point of being too clean that it borders on flamboyance.
- He must be both a good speaker and a listener.
- He must be respectful, not just to people of high stature but to everyone.
If a perfect world does exists, I’m pretty sure the next guy I see would be pretty much all of those over there. Ha. But obviously, a perfect world is, in every way, hypothetical. So here’s the more realistic version of the Ideal Real Man Checklist
- He must be sincere and honest and (all other traits synonymous to those two.)
- He must be someone I wouldn’t be embarrassed to be seen in public with.
- He must share relatively the same principles and goals as I have.
- He must not, in any way (physical / mental / emotional), kick my pet dogs.
- He must be someone who would accept me during my fat ugly days. (Oh every girl has those days at least once a month. ha)
I’m positive that virtually every girl of any age (with hormones) has her own checklist of who Prince Charming is. I doubt I’ll see mine ever personified but here’s hoping!
My name is Dionne. I enjoy reading Camus a lot. Science fiction gets my blood pumping, especially if it comes packaged with a blue police box (see: Doctor Who). During my spare time, I play with acrylic paint and smother my dogs with attention. This "About" space is just so small to describe myself so I hope you'd take the time to read my blog entries to know more "About" me.
- My Tribute to Spirited Away 04/11/2012
- 13 Books and Stories That Changed My Life 04/04/2012
- I Don’t Know What Love Is But It Must Be Something Like This 04/02/2012
- A Rant on Pedants or I’m Not an Idiot Because I Abbreviate Text Messages (Stephen Fry Said it Better) 03/30/2012
- My Life in Rage Comics: Issue #2 – “It’s A Long Story” 12/09/2011
- My Life in Rage Comics: Issue #1 – The Crane Machine 12/07/2011
- Michael & Holly 07/08/2011
- The 5 Stages of Grief (in Song) 07/06/2011
- Sandy: Thanks for helping out, fantastic information. Goo...
- Chicago Federal Appeals: the video really helped explain what you are sayin...
- سيارات لكزس: great post…thanks for share this tips..keep up...
- term life insurance quotes: At this time it sounds like Expression Engine is t...